COVID 19 UPDATE 14th July 2020
We have now resumed an approximately normal service and have re-opened both the Middleton – St – George and Cat & Exotics branches.
We ask that you read this message in full as it contains important information about our new services.
- We ask that anyone who is showing signs of Covid 19, or has been in contact with an infected person does not attend the surgery. If your pet is ill and requires urgent treatment please contact us for the latest advice, but please inform reception that you might be infected.
- We are doing both routine and non-routine appointments.
- We have restarted all routine surgeries including neutering and dental work.
- No clients will be allowed into any of the surgeries.
- All visits are by appointment only.
- Please ensure that you are aware which practice your appointment has been made for.
- Some appointments may still be carried out by telephone or video triage. This will be at the discretion of the vet if they feel this is appropriate.
- Please arrive at the surgery as close to your appointment time as possible to avoid congestion around the surgery or carpark.
- On arrival at the surgery, please call to say that you have arrived.
- When ready, a member of the team will come out to collect your pet. It would be useful if you have your mobile number written down to ensure that we can contact you.
- Whilst your pet is with us, please ensure that your mobile is available, not in use and that the volume is up, as the vet will need to call you to discuss your pet, and any treatment requirements.
- All appointments will be payable over the phone at the time of the appointment. We are only able to take card payments at this time as we are unable to bank.
- For ordering of repeat prescriptions, please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please advise which surgery the medication is to be collected from and allow at least 2 working days for processing as we are carrying less stock than normal.
- You will be asked to pay for your medication over the phone at the time of ordering. Please ensure that you have your card to hand.
- If you are claiming for your medication on insurance, we ask that wherever possible, you pay for your medication up front, but if this is not possible, we will require a signed claim form and payment of the insurance administration fee prior to releasing the medication.
- You will be asked for an approximate collection time of your medication, and there might be some restrictions on collection times at the branches.
- For all scheduled operations we will email a copy of the consent form to you prior to the surgery. Wherever possible, please read, print and sign the consent form and bring it with your pet.
- You will be given a time to attend the surgery on the morning of the operation to deliver your pet. Please attend as close to this time as possible to avoid congestion.
- When you arrive in the carpark, please call us and a member of the team will collect your pet from the car.
- Please ensure that you leave a contact number that we can use to get hold of you on the form. This will allow us to contact you with a progress report and collection time.
- All fees are payable on collection of your pet and will be taken by card over the phone.
- If you are intending to claim on your pet’s insurance for the surgery, you will be required to pay at least your excess and the insurance administration fee at the time of collection.
- For appointments and for dropping off or collecting animals for surgery or collecting medications, please park in carpark. If the carpark is full, please park nearby and walk to the carpark.
Duke Street (Cats & Exotics)
- For appointments and for dropping off or collecting animals for surgery, please park behind the practice.
- For collecting medications, please park opposite the practice and we will bring the medication out of the front door.
Middleton – St – George.
- For everything, please park in the carpark.