COVID UPDATE – OCTOBER 2021
We are pleased to announce that from the 4th October 2021, we will start to allow clients back into the consultation rooms
Please read the following information to allow us to keep you and our team as safe as possible. If, however, you are shielding or feel uncomfortable about being inside the consultation room, please let us know and we will continue to accommodate this for you.
- On entering the buildings please continue to wear a mask and sanitise your hands (unless you are exempt).
- Only ONE client will be allowed into the consultation room with the vet / nurse. The only exception will be for euthanasias, where more than one owner can be present.
- On arrival at the surgery, please wait outside and call us to let us know that you have arrived. Once there is space in the waiting room, you will be asked to come inside and take a seat. Please place any cat / small animal carriers on the tables provided.
- When the vet / nurse is ready, you will be called into the consultation room whilst your pet is examined.
- If a second team member is required to restrain your pet so that we can do further tests then you will be asked to step outside.
- After your consultation, please wait close to reception for any medication and to sort your bill. Please pay by card if at all possible.
- If you are visiting the surgery to collect medication, to get a dog weighed or to pay a bill, please just come in.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back in again as we try to return to some normality. Please be kind to our team, who have been working really hard behind the scenes for the last 18 months.
There has been a massive pet population explosion during COVID and this has caused a massive increase in workload for all of us. Everyone has also had to make constant changes to adapt and they are doing an amazing job.
Thanks for reading, Micaela.